A Smart Investment
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, leaky and inefficient windows, skylights and doors account for up to 25 percent of the average household’s energy bills. Some sources estimate as high as 40 percent. A lot depends on where you live:
- Cold climates lose energy in the form of heat
- Hot climates lose energy in the form of cooling
The colder or hotter the climate, the greater your heating or cooling costs and the greater potential you have to save money on energy costs. Nearly everyone can benefit by replacing leaky, inefficient windows with modern energy-efficient windows.
Replacing your home’s windows can be a big investment. The good news is, it’s an investment that can pay for itself in just a few years. Here’s how:
- Improves curb appeal and increases resale value.
- Reduces heating and/or cooling costs, which saves you money every year.
- Increases the comfort of your home.