How Long Do Aluminum Windows Last?
According to Today’s Homeowner, a properly maintained aluminum window can last up to 40 to 50 years. However, numerous factors can impact the lifespan of your aluminum windows. Being aware of those factors can help you decide whether aluminum windows are a good fit for you.
What Factors Impact the Lifespan of Aluminum Windows?
How long do aluminum windows last? While many homeowners will get nearly half a century of service from their aluminum windows, others won’t be so lucky. That’s because several things can affect the lifespan of your windows:
- Product quality. A better product lasts longer. The warranty often offers a clue.
- Environment. Windows subjected to harsh weather are likely to fail more rapidly. Severe storms and extreme weather will take a toll.
- Installation. Failure to install windows properly can leave both your property and the window more vulnerable.
- Maintenance. Insufficient or inappropriate maintenance can compromise windows or even damage them.
When Is It Time to Replace Your Windows?
If you’re concerned about the state of your existing windows, exploring the signs for when it’s time to replace windows can be illuminating. Angi offers a helpful list:
- You want a new look. If you want a new look for your windows, replacement windows are an effective way to change things up.
- You’re feeling drafts. When you feel air moving around your windows or hear the wind whistling by, it may be time for replacements.
- Your energy bills are high. New windows are often more energy efficient than older windows.
- You struggle to operate your windows. Stubborn windows that don’t operate smoothly are frustrating. Replacing them can make life more pleasant.
- Your window panes are foggy. Condensation between the panes of double- or triple-glazed windows can be an indication of failed seals.
- You notice leaks. Moisture intrusion is a major problem. If you’re old windows are leaking, replacement windows can be an excellent solution.
What Should You Look for When Shopping for Aluminum Windows?
If you decide that aluminum windows are the perfect pick for your home, there are a few things to keep in mind when you go shopping:
- Choose a trusted brand. When you want a quality window that will stand the test of time, buying from a trusted manufacturer who has built a solid reputation and offers good warranties is a smart strategy.
- Check the powder coating. The powder coating protects the aluminum from the elements and provides color. Selecting windows with a top-quality coating will ensure you get a window that will look fantastic for longer because it’s prepared to withstand more wear and tear.
- Consider design options. Aluminum windows are a popular pick, so manufacturers normally offer a wide range of design options. That makes it easy to create the look you want for your home.
- Work with a reputable supplier. Buying from a reputable supplier and having your windows installed properly confirms that you’re getting the right product for your needs and protects your rights under your warranties.
When you’re ready to replace the windows in your home, reach out to American Window Company. Our vast selection is overflowing with windows that are strong, versatile, and designed to last. You will find top-quality windows in all sizes, shapes, and materials from trusted manufacturers. We’ll be there for you, from the initial measurements to the installation and beyond. Contact American Window Company today to get started.</div