American Window Company takes pride in offering superior service to exceed the expectations of our clients. We consult with many of our clients in our showroom and with others at their homes so that we can offer professional advice in design, configuration, budgeting or value engineering, installation techniques and scheduling.
The installer will take extra steps in planning to ensure the project goes without a hitch from start to completion.If you don’t know how to install replacement windows & sliding glass doors, but have experience working with a tape measure, drill, and caulking gun, you might be surprised how easy it is to learn about installing replacement windows and sliding glass doors yourself.
You can literally save thousands on labor costs, especially if you’re planning on installing replacement windows and doors throughout your home. If you are a contractor or window installer and you are still replacing windows the messy, old fashioned way, join us for one of our clinics to learn a faster, better way. The clinic instructor shows the process of replacing an aluminum sliding window in Southern California using the “retrofit” replacement window frame, and a double hung replacement of a wood sash window.
Every aspect of the project is covered in detail, from measuring to removal, from installation to trim and caulk. There are websites listed below that offer installation advice, but if you don’t have any experience, and find it confusing or difficult to understand in writing, a clinic might be right for you. There really is no better way to learn how to do something than to watch someone do it. If you just have a question or two, then the free sites might be all that you need.
Installation Information / Resources
Windows and Doors
- Jeld-wen’s resource page has brochures, videos, PDFs and more for you to download or view online. http://www.jeld-wen.com/resources/installation.cfm
- Milgard will teach you the anatomy of a window or door so you can sound like a professional.
- AMSCO Windows offers instuctions for vinyl windows in a new construction stud frame application. http://www.amscowindows.com/builder_installationinst.asp
- IBACOS (Integrated Building and Construction Solutions) http://www.ibacos.com/pubs/WindowGuidelines.pdf
- El and El Wood Products Inc. provides helpful tips about how to install custom moulding.
- Amarr provides a wealth of installation information and downloads for their garge doors.
Shower and Wardrobe
- Contractors Wardrobe provides instruction sheets on their entire line of products. http://cwdoor.com/instructions.htm
- Springs Global provides step-by-step instructions on how to measure accurately. http://www.springs.com/windows_101/measure.asp
- Graber Blinds believes in the importance of safety first. http://www.graberblinds.com/customer_support/safety.jsp