Exploring How to Clean Aluminum Windows
Aluminum windows can be a great choice for your home. A little care is all that’s needed to keep them looking fantastic. As a bonus, the time spent rinsing is an excellent chance to review the many benefits that these windows can offer.
Cleaning Aluminum Windows
Cleaning your aluminum windows doesn’t need to be a major production. It’s a fairly easy job that requires a light touch. Simply gather your tools, choose a nice day, and keep safety in mind as you work. This is especially important if you have a multi-story home and wish to clean the exterior frames on windows on upper stories.
If you’re wondering where to begin, Tru Shine Window Cleaning offers some expert advice on how to clean aluminum windows:
- Skip the harsh cleaners. Instead, stick with mild soap and water.
- Avoid abrasives. Choose a soft cloth or sponge to scrub.
- Don’t power through. Take a gentle approach to avoid damaging any coatings or finishes.
- Always rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Dry with a soft cloth to prevent streaking.
- Avoid the temptation to apply mechanical grease to window joints. Doing so can attract grime and increase buildup.
- Apply an appropriate wax or sealant to the frame to help it repel grime and protect it from the elements.
Investigating the Pros of Aluminum Windows
There’s a lot of interest in learning how to clean aluminum windows because these windows are a popular choice among homeowners. As Angi points out, they certainly offer many advantages:
- Price: Aluminum windows are one of the most affordable choices.
- Selection: They are available in an amazing number of sizes, styles, and colors.
- Upsizing: Because aluminum blends tremendous strength with a surprisingly light weight, it can be crafted into windows that feature thin profiles and massive expanses of uninterrupted glass without compromising on quality or safety.
- Durability: Aluminum’s strength also translates into impressive durability and a greater amount of impact resistance, which is something any homeowner located in a storm zone is sure to appreciate.
- Maintenance: While aluminum windows may not take the title for lowest maintenance window, they’re certainly on the user-friendly end of the scale. When you consider the level of work that wood and other high-maintenance windows require, a review of their cleaning instructions makes it obvious that aluminum windows are fairly undemanding.
- Environmentally friendly: Aluminum is a long-lasting material that’s completely recyclable, so it’s arguably an environmentally friendly option.
Reviewing the Cons of Aluminum Windows
Aluminum windows aren’t the perfect fit for every situation. They are not particularly energy-efficient windows, so they aren’t recommended for climates where temperatures plunge in the winter months. They can also be plagued by condensation issues when there are large differences between interior and exterior temperatures. Finally, aluminum is susceptible to oxidation when it’s exposed to salt air or ocean mist, so aluminum windows require extra care at coastal properties.
Are you ready to update your home with new windows? Whether you have your heart set on aluminum windows or are still searching for the right choice for your property, American Window Company can help you find the perfect solution. For more than 20 years, we’ve been supplying homeowners, contractors, and builders with the trusted products that they need to complete their projects. At American Window Company, we are committed to delivering exceptional service, superior pricing, and the brands that you know and trust. Our team is ready to join you for every step of your window journey. We’re happy to answer your questions and explain the potential impact of your choices so that you can shop with confidence. From measurement to selection to installation and beyond, you have our support. Discover the difference that makes. Contact American Window Company today to get started.