How to Clean Faux Wood Blinds
If cleaning isn’t a task that you enjoy, taking a few minutes to review the benefits of faux wood blinds may help you work up some enthusiasm for the job. Then, it’s worth reviewing a few different versions of how to clean faux wood blinds. After all, some blinds just need a little tidying. Others need a serious scrub. Having options allows you to move forward with the level of cleaning power necessary for your situation.
Reviewing the Benefits of Faux Wood Blinds
Faux wood blinds grace many windows because they have an amazing number of advantages:
- Beautiful. Faux wood blinds offer the gorgeous look of wood without the worry. Modern products mimic the appearance of natural wood blinds so closely that it’s difficult to tell the difference.
- Affordable. Faux wood blinds provide the appearance of wood blinds at a more affordable price.
- Moisture-resistant. When real wood is exposed to moisture or humidity, it can warm, swell, or crack. Faux woods don’t. These products fare far better when confronted with moisture, heat, or strong sunlight, so faux wood blinds are arguably sturdier than wood ones.
- Durable. Because faux wood blinds are more capable of withstanding moisture, heat, and sunlight without damage than real wood, they offer greater durability. They’ll last and look better for longer with less upkeep. Many faux wood blinds can even be refinished, which can further extend their lifespan.
- Low-Maintenance. Faux wood blinds are incredibly easy to care for. Simply wipe them down regularly to keep them looking neat. When a deeper clean is desired, there’s no need to handle them with special care because they are so durable.
- Eco-Friendly. Faux wood blinds are a green choice. You can purchase blinds made from recycled materials. Then, when the blinds have reached the end of their lifespan, they can be recycled again.
- Flexible. Faux wood blinds offer amazing flexibility in design options. Thanks to their popularity, it’s easy to find an amazing array of colors and sizes on the shelves of your local store. If you don’t see what you want, you can place a custom order to get exactly what you need for your windows.
Exploring How to Clean Faux Wood Blinds
When it comes to cleaning your faux wood blinds, you’ll want to consider how dirty they are and how much time you have. Then, you can choose your cleaning method. Maids.com offers some suggestions:
- For a quick, light cleaning: When you want to remove the light dust and grime that accumulates over a week or so from blinds that are in generally good condition, a quick cleaning is all that’s necessary. Using a vacuum with the brush attachment carefully will work. A duster is also handy. Some practical people also suggest using a sock. Simply put it over your hand like a sock puppet. Then, grasp the slats gently, moving your hand along the length so that the sock collects any mess.
- For a medium-level cleaning: If more thorough cleaning is desired, start by vacuuming or dusting the blinds. Then, mix warm water and detergent or a solution of vinegar and water. Dip a soft cloth into the solution, and wipe the blinds down along both their front and back. Finish by blotting dry.
- For a heavy cleaning: If your faux wood blinds have become heavily soiled, take them down from the window. Fill the tub with warm soapy water. Then, soak the blinds for about an hour. Spray them off with warm water to rinse them. Wipe away any excess soap or grime, taking care not to tangle the blinds. Spot clean any stubborn stains. Finally, rehang the blinds.
Are you in need of high-quality window coverings? Check out American Window Company. Since 1999, we have offered an extensive collection of high-quality windows, doors, shutters, blinds, and more. We are a small, family-owned business that is committed to providing excellent workmanship and on-time installation. In addition, we are properly licensed and insured to protect our employees and provide our customers with peace of mind. For a free estimate or more information about our products and services, please contact us today.